Sunday, April 21, 2013

Review: Hard Candy So Baked Bronzer in 'Tiki'


 photo sdgr_zps90fd6fee.jpg

 photo back_zpsb34b1e15.jpg

 photo close_zpsbbc9144d.jpg

I can't remember where I first heard about this but I know it's supposedly a dupe for Dior's Amber Diamond highlighter. I have no idea if it is since I don't own it's more expensive counterpart.

While it's called a 'bronzer' it's really FAR too light to be considered anything more than a highlighter. And what a gorgeous highlighter it is. It's much more subtle than my NARS Albatross or MAC creme color in 'pearl' and it's so beautiful on the skin. So if you have naturally oily skin like I do (aka a grease-pit), you may prefer this over some of the more intense highlighters available.

I've taken to applying it with my Real Techniques buffing brush so I can get a nice sweep of subtle sheen all over my cheekbones and brow. I especially like pairing it with my NARS 'Douceur' blush and a peachy nude lip. Since it's been teetering between hot and cold this spring in north Texas I find it's easier to go with a neutral but well sculpted cheek and peachy lip. It just feels right, man.

 photo swatch_zps6bcb6079.jpg
left: swatch // right: blended swatch

 photo hollow01_zps42b3e23a.jpg

The only drawback to this 'bronzer' is that if you live in the US, you can only find it at Wal-Mart & it retails for $9.00. Now, I don't know about you, but I HATE having to go to Wal-Mart. I never shop there unless I have to and they don't do store coupons so I can't get cosmetics for super cheap like I can at Walgreens or CVS.

HOWEVER this highlighter is worth braving the dead-eyed Wal-Mart shoppers and weirdly long lines (1pm on a Tuesday?? wth) because it's beautiful and relatively inexpensive.



-Becca

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried applying it wet? I did that with my Honeymoon blush/highlighter by them and it went on SO opaque. It was actually really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No! I havent, that sounds interesting though. I'll try it and get back to you.

      Delete