Friday, October 11, 2013

Review: OCC Nail Polish in 'Chalkboard'


 photo chalkboard02_zps7a657dd7.jpg

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics 'Chalkboard' is my dream winter nail polish. I've been looking for a true forest green non shimmer or glitter nail polish for way longer than you'd think. At night it looks like a really beautiful and glossy black nail polish but in the sunlight or indoors it looks like what it is-- a deep deep forest green.

It applies super smooth and glossy & has a fairly large brush. I only needed two coats to get it completely opaque. The polish is already fairly shiny but I used my seche vite top coat on top to give it that super glossy finish. After wearing this a total of 3 times in a row--each application only lasted about three days before starting to wear & chip at the tips of my nails. Therefore this is NOT a long-wear nail polish. I still love it because I think it applies great, doesn't stain your nails & looks so beautiful on. But if you'd rather keep your eye out for a longer lasting forest green polish, be my guest. Since this color seems to be fairly popular this season, maybe another brand will release one. Until then, I'm going to keep using 'Chalkboard'.

 photo chalkboard01_zps9c7f8a0b.jpg

Another plus is that this nail polish (along with all of OCC's products) is 100% vegan and cruelty free!

'Chalkboard' retails for $10 USD at Sephora & OCC's official website. These are the only two online retailers I know of but you might be able to find it on eBay for less?

Have any of you tried any of OCC's other nail polishes? I love the references to sci-fi movies! It's all I can do not to buy all of the Blade Runner themed polishes.

-Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment