Friday, October 18, 2013

Review: OCC Lip Tar in 'Anime'


 photo photo2_zpsd2fb0b7c.jpg

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics lip tars are something I never saw myself purchasing since they seemed difficult to apply & looked lip-glossy to me. Can't deal with my hair getting all caught on my lips. No no no not for me. That all changed when I saw 'Anime' in a local Sephora & thought to myself "a lipstick named after anime?? gotta buy it--PLUS IT'S PINK". I know, it's really not hard to get me to buy something. I'm a sucker for names and themes. And luckily, it's nothing like a lip gloss!

 photo photo1_zps819b750c.jpg
what it looks like right after application

Basically you squeeze the tiniest bit out onto a lip brush and carefully apply it to your lips. It starts out as a liquid but dries to a more matte feel on your lips while leaving a matte-satin looking finish. Hopefully that sentence made sense. DO NOT try applying it straight out of the tube, this is incredibly pigmented & liquid-y at first--use a brush (and they come with their own little pouch and brush which is perfect for when you're out and about). Be careful not to go outside of your lips or you might have to get out the makeup remover wipes because this stuff will STAIN ANYTHING IT TOUCHES. Apply a little concealer around the outer edges of your mouth for clean-up and you should be good to go. Once the lip color dries, it doesn't move unless you TRY to rub it off or something. My lips were hot magenta pink long after the actual lipstick faded. It lasted nearly all day even through eating, I just had to do a touch-up reapplication. And you use so little each time, it'll take you forever to go through an entire tube. Lip Tars are 100% vegan & cruelty free and OCC has a huge range of colors (including blue and green!) Definitely check them out if you're looking for a long-wearing, super pigmented, and cruelty free or vegan lipstick!

 photo face_zps73766ebc.jpg
this is what it looked like on my lips after a good 20-30 minutes of wear

OCC lip tars retail for $18 USD & are available to purchase here & here.



-Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment