Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Review: NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in 'Mont Blanc'


 photo front_zps4d7ac0b2.jpg

After my mom bought me my beloved Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation I honestly didn't think I would be looking into a new foundation for a while. But I was aimlessly wandering through my local JCP Sephora (which thankfully stocks NARS products) and I decided to ask for a sample of NARS Sheer Glow. She color-matched me & my skin matches 'Mont Blanc' perfectly. It's the lightest shade with pink undertones which is perfect for my pale skin with cool undertones. I tried it once or twice and I felt sort of luke-warm about it but once I tried applying it with a dampened beauty blender, I knew I could never look back.

 photo back_zps57ae23d5.jpg

 photo butt_zps0c33237b.jpg

Coverage on this foundation is medium but can be applied with a light or heavy hand to achieve a light or full coverage so it's definitely build-able. I tend to use my beauty blender to buff in my foundation and then I go back and pat and blend in more where I need it most (my red patches or blemishes). Afterwards I dust a bit of Rimmel 'Stay Matte' powder over my foundation once it's set and it never turns cakey.

I've never loved a foundation so much that was 1) liquid & 2) not matte. Despite the title 'glow', it doesn't leave my oily-combination skin looking greasy. It provides enough of a 'glow' that my skin looks healthy and natural. Wear time is really great too, I normally have to touch up with a bit of powder mid day because I touch my face a lot but if you spritz some setting spray in the morning, this foundation will last you all day. I've also noticed that it doesn't sit poorly on dry patches, which is always a win in my book.

The color ranges from pale to pretty dark (20 shades) which is refreshing considering most foundations offer 2 light shades, maybe 2 dark shades and about 5 medium shades. On Sephora's website they only offer 15 of the 20 shades, so make sure you do your homework before purchasing.

The only downsides I've found about this foundation are that it 1) doesn't have a pump (but you can buy one here) and 2) that it costs $44USD.

BUT if you're in the market for a higher end foundation that is amazing & leaves a natural finish, I definitely recommend going to your local Sephora (if you have one) & getting color matched to take a sample of NARS Sheer Glow home.

You can buy it here & here.


See me wearing it here, here & here.



-Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment