Friday, July 6, 2012

Uhmerica! + Excuses


Photobucket

Ryan & I are house sitting for a week or so and we decided to have a little get together for the 4th of July. I made some home-made ice cream & an apple pie (pictured above) & we grilled hamburgers, steak & corn on the cob. Taylor brought a delicious fully loaded baked potato salad & jam jar wine. It was so good! Paul made some margaritas and we all went out to the golf course behind the house to watch the neighborhood fireworks display.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I stopped taking photos around the time people started arriving because I was trying to be a good hostess. Haha oops. So it looks like Taylor and Coco were the only people there since she was the first to arrive.

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was a really fun night and it was really nice seeing everyone since a lot of our friends have moved out of Denton and now live closer to Dallas which means we see them a lot less.

You'll probably see another post from this location since we'll be here a bit longer and are planning another get-together on Sunday!
Photobucket
On an unrelated note:

I've been slacking pretty hard on this blog since I haven't been home much. I'm either out of town visiting family or working and so I end up taking Ryan's old laptop with me. I hate the screen because all of the colors are so weird and wrong. So I can't edit photos or work on the blog for fear that I'll get home and look at my monitor only to find I've posted some butt-ugly colored photos.

It wouldn't matter if I'd always edited photos on this computer I guess...My desktop monitor is beautiful and despite being an HP-- it has the same color settings as my iphone and every mac I've ever used. Which I personally love since I feel like the colors on mac screens are a bit warmer and clearer. My laptop has this sort of cold blue feel to it and no matter how much I try to tweak the settings, it always just looks...off.

I don't know, maybe I'm just thinking about it too hard.

Anyways, this is just my way of saying sorry to the (4?) people who read my blog regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment