Monday, May 21, 2012

NARS 'Roman Holiday' Lipstick

Photobucket

I bought this for myself while I was out of town for Mother's Day in Houston. My mom's birthday is the 5th, mine's the 9th and Mother's Day was on the 13th this year, so I normally make a trip down to Houston at the beginning of May to celebrate all three in one go! We were at the Sephora in Rice Village and I was looking for TOCCA's new scent Violette (which they didn't have) and I decided to swatch a bunch of NARS products since I had seen a few really good youtube reviews of NARS lipsticks. I fell in love with mostly the color, but partly the product's name.

Photobucket

I really love this color because it's a cooler pink lipstick than most of the ones I wear, but it's sheer and super build-able so it never looks weird on. I imagine this shade looks good on lots of different skin-tones as pink normally looks good with yellow undertones and darker skin. But it looks fine on my pale pinky-red tone as well. It's also super moisturizing and doesn't have a weird taste which is always a plus with lipsticks.

Photobucket
top swatch is one swipe, bottom is after 2 swipes


Photobucket

Despite being a $24 lipstick, it's definitely a favorite as I find myself reaching for it on a daily basis. Now, if only I could find a $7 dupe.

-Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment