Monday, January 30, 2012

Movie Monday - The Ghost & Mrs. Muir

Ghost & Mrs. Muir -title

The Ghost & Mrs. Muir (1947)

Starring Gene Tierney and Rex Harrison and a young Natalie Wood. This romantic fantasy is set in London in the early 1900s. Mrs. Muir, a young widow moves to a seaside village named Whitecliff with her daughter and maid. They move into a beautiful home said to be haunted by the previous owner.

Ghost & Mrs. Muir - inlaws

Ghost & Mrs. Muir - train

Soon the poltergeist reveals himself to be the late Captain Daniel Gregg and while he is at first very perturbed by Mrs. Muir's presence in the house, she grows on him and they fall in love. Obviously other things happen, but I don't want to spoil it for you.

Ghost & Mrs. Muir - kitchen

Ghost & Mrs. Muir - scared

I hadn't ever heard of it before, but I was clicking around Netflix late one night (3 AM to be precise) and I saw that it had Rex Harrison in it. Now, I really loved My Fair Lady, partially for what it is but mostly because my late grandfather was the one who first watched it with me. So, I figured watching Rex Harrison for an hour and a half couldn't be bad. I was so right. Unlike that time I tried watching The Romantics on Netflix. That was a mistake.

Ghost & Mrs. Muir - almost

Ghost & Mrs. Muir -disappear

I really enjoyed this movie. I thought the interactions between Mrs. Muir and Daniel Gregg were really sweet and went beyond the realm of physical attraction since they couldn't touch.

So if you like old films and you don't have anything to do, I recommend it. It's available on Netflix and if you like it and you want to buy it (which I did), Amazon has copies for around $10.

-Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment