Thursday, November 7, 2013

Review: Jouer Matte Moisture Tint in 'Porcelain'


 photo photo1_zps5687aa9b.jpg

So I've been accumulating Birchbox points the last few months & since I'm running low on my beloved NARS Sheer Glow Foundation, I decided to use my points to try a new foundation I've heard good things about: Jouer Matte Moisture Tint. Initially I'd wanted it for the summer because I wanted something light-weight to wear while sweating my butt off in Texas. Who wants to wear heavy foundation in 105ºF weather? Nobody does. But alas I put it off until nearly a month ago when the colder weather started settling in. Oops!

 photo photo2_zps539931c8.jpg

I ended up getting the lightest shade in the range called 'porcelain' for $8 after using my points. It normally retails for $38USD here & here.

Initially I was worried it would provide too little coverage (or be a bad match) since it's a light-medium coverage foundation/tinted moisturizer but it's super easy to build up & blend out. As for application I use a primer underneath & a damp beauty blender. I haven't tried applying it with a buffing brush but I always feel like whenever I use a brush it makes my makeup look cakey. Cakey is not cute.

The texture and consistency remind me a lot of my Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation as it's quite thick and comes in a squeeze tube-- but I find that the Jouer Matte Moisture Tint looks more natural and matches my skin tone better. The finish is matte but still looks natural & soft. I find it doesn't settle into my pores and despite having 15 SPF doesn't leave my face looking more oily for it. I've been using it everyday for the past few weeks & haven't had any spots or acne issues. Also, I have a very oily t-zone and this tinted moisturizer manages to stay fairly matte for better part of an 8 hour day. I normally only have to use a rice paper slip or apply a little powder towards the end of the day which I think is pretty impressive.

Price-wise you get the most for your money as well:
NARS Sheer Glow - $44 for 1 fl oz
Laura Mercier's Silk Creme Foundation - $43 for 1.18 fl oz
Jouer's Matte Moisture Tint - $38 for 1.7 fl oz

 photo 06_zps5d425543.jpg

I definitely suggest giving this foundation/tinted moisturizer a try since I think it's a really nice base & a more affordable high end brand. I recommend it especially if you're a fan of either Laura Mercier's Silk Creme Foundation or NARS Sheer Glow. I personally love this & definitely plan on repurchasing.


Have you tried any of Jouer's products?? Anything I should try out? I'm itching to try more from this brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment